Friday, March 27, 2009

Observations while traveling. . . .

Traveling teaches us life lessons.
I noted a few observations during our Thailand trip that I wanted to share.
1. Travelers in general, are a pretty happy bunch. Everyone that we came in contact with - whether they were visiting from Dubai, France, New Zealand, England -was so friendly and willing to share advice, swap stories or simply give us a smile. It made the trip that much more memorable!
2. Madi's the best travel partner.
Such a silent observer herself - I loved hearing her take of things when we had our quiet moments together.  I can't put into words how neat it was having her experience Thailand with me.

3. The ladies I traveled with were all great.

Each one brought a different personality and background that collectively made such a fun and colorful dynamic.

Amy: Crazy camera lady Julie McCoy (Dot's addition)
Dot: Crazy camera lady massage freak
Tori: Eco crazy camera lady
Shelly: Crazy lady!

And thank goodness they were all camera lovin freaks - we got some great shots to help us remember every moment!
In all honesty, thank you for being such good examples to my daughter.

2 comments:

rosebud said...

There's always that bittersweet moment during travels where you know you won't retain all that you hope you will about the experience -- thank goodness for journals, pictures and travel companions!!

Facebook chatter said...

AmyMorrison: That was really sweet Chantelle! I'm so glad that you and Madi were able to come and to have the bonding time. I'm glad for the bonding time that we had as well. Traveling to another country with someone really helps you get to know them since you are both out of your comfort zones. I really had a great time with you both...the trip to the store was one of my favorite memories!