Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ai Adai!

Dave: Hey Hon - wanna run to the commissary with me? I need to get stuff for the BBQ on Saturday.

Chan: The commissary? Ai Adai!!!*

I don't know -
Is it pay day? Is a typhoon coming? Are any visiting ships in port (either foreign or domestic)? Are the freezers still broken?


No? . . . . . there may really be food to buy! Hurry - let's go!
Madi: (Hollering after us as we head out the door) Good Luck!

I guess the planets just weren't aligned. Ai Adai!

Seriously - the daily "commissary experience" is paving my pathway to a much hotter place than Guam!  (hopefully it's less humid)

I've known incredibly strong women brought to tears after a typical shopping trip!
Thank goodness for Grandmas and Priority Mail!
*Ai Adai (i uh-day): As best I can tell this is generally an expression of exasperation.

One typically will shake their head from side to side and make a "tsk-tsk" sound while uttering this phrase. Although I've also heard it used to express surprise or slight shock as well.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Monday at the commissary wasn't much better!! I never realized what a luxury it was to be able to go to a store and get what you want. I can't wait to shop in the states again!

The Stiffs said...

That's why I don't want to move to Guam. Thanks for clearing it up.

Your favorite sister said...

Oh my goodness. I want to show these pictures to my family! Ben so does not understand my frustration with the commissary. A grocery store is a grocery store right? sooo wrong. And btw, still no bannanas as of yesterday! :(

Anonymous said...

Brandi - No problem. I figured you needed a tiny reality check.

Ladies - it's so much better than it used to be!!!

Chelle said...

HI Chan. I finally figured out how to make a comment on your blog. I think I was looking for a "comments" tab instead of the "Labels" tab. I'm kind of a retard when it comes to blogging. Still trying to figure it out. You're a pro! It has been fun to get caught up to date on your adventures! You and your family are living some incredible things! Very cool! I'll keep better tabs on ya now I know where to find ya. How did you find our blog? Such a small world, really! love, chelle